Old May 5th 04, 07:15 PM
Stepdad1963

Default Fighting Over Kids

I agreee that this is not a "step thing" either.
I'm just trying to give as much info as I can.
Thx for the rely.

"Barbara Bomberger" wrote in message
On Tue, 4 May 2004 15:26:14 -0400, "Stepdad1963"
wrote:

Hello,

I am the Stepdad of a 15 y o girl and 11 y o boy. I have been with them

for
10 years so I have known them from a very young age.

My initial reaction is that this has nothing to do with "step
parenting" and is simply two different parenting styles for the most
part.

My husband and I are actually fairly simlar, although the examples are
the same. I am much stricter in terms of rules (although we are both
really big on the independence factor) he less so.

It sounds like the two of you may need some help on parenting teens,
but you know what, as long as parents agree on the major rules, I
personally dont think it is a disaster of parents disagree on the
minor things. Over the years my husband h as mellowed me out about
certain things, and he has come to realize I am right about other
things.

And if you werent a step parent getting the ole "you cant tell me what
to do" then youd be getting the ole "I can't wait till Im eighteen and
on my own", to which this mom answers "me too, darlin, me too"

Barb
r have