Old December 31st 05, 12:36 AM posted to misc.kids.moderated,misc.kids

Default Length of Christmas Break

"Scott" wrote in message

The schools here this year have a *very* short break. DD and
DS were in school all day on Friday the 23rd (!!) and they
return on Wednesday the 3rd.

That's short? That's sounds about standard for us. Our break this year has
been: Thursday, December 22, through Monday, January 2, 2006. Mid-winter
break is Monday, February 20 through Friday, February 24, 2006.

We've used mid-winter break for travelling now a couple of times, and it's
worked out well. This year we're going to New York City. Prices aren't bad,
no one is travelling for family reasons like at Xmas, and unless you're
headed to the tropics, it certainly isn't that crowded.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
http://www.bicyclemeditations.org/