Old December 31st 05, 12:36 AM posted to misc.kids.moderated

Default Length of Christmas Break

On 2005-12-30, Scott wrote:

The schools here this year have a *very* short break. DD and
DS were in school all day on Friday the 23rd (!!) and they
return on Wednesday the 3rd.

I think this is just the right size (we don't travel for
the holidays). Next year they go back to 2+ full weeks.

I'm just curious what others have for breaks.

Our public schools got 2 weeks off (last day Dec 23, first day Jan 9).
The private school my son attends got an extra week off in December.
Another district in our county has off Dec22-Jan16---they usually get
a long winter break because of how many of their students go to Mexico
for the holidays.

Kevin Karplus http://www.soe.ucsc.edu/~karplus
(Senior member, IEEE) (Board of Directors, ISCB)
Affiliations for identification only.