Old August 18th 06, 12:43 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Bev

Default Finally!

'Kate wrote:
On 16 Aug 2006 16:54:39 -0700, "Bev" the
following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

As some of you know my youngest daughter is mentally disabled. When she
became 18 this past September SSI decided she was miraculously cured
and no longer eligible for benefits.I appealed that decision and we
finally got the results of the hearing today. They have decided her
borderline personality disorder is a severe impairment to her ability
to get and hold a job. Therfore she will continue to get the benefits.
Took them just about a year to decide this......She is doing incredibly
well accepting her diagnosis . As she gets older I am seeing her able
to cope better and she has learned ways to control her impulsivenes. We
were able to get an extension on her mobile therapy and after the baby
is born she will resume medication as planned. We are looking into
Charter school for her to finish H.S. This is the second pregnancy I
have watched her symptoms subside with the hormonal changes wierd but
true!
Bev

I believe it. You said that they did do a full endocrine workup on
her... right?

What was done was a thyroid sp? test which was normal, as well as the
full CBC.

It seems weird that her symptoms are better when she's
pregnant.

I remember back when she was admitted into the Kidspeace program , I
was having a conversation with the Psychiatrist about her hellacious
mood swings during her menstrual cycle. That doctor told me that they
were noticing that many of their studies with biploar women showed a
remission type of effect on their disease during pregnancy and they
attributed that to the hormonal changes during pregnancy.

I can imagine that on birth control, she's worse?

I am not sure ....she was on the depo shot after J was born as well as
on and off so many different meds that it would be hard to pinpoint
that. Seems after 21/2 years of the depo she then went on the pill for
about 3-6 months and then gasp she was on nothing and claimed to not
be sexually activeduh where was my head at? I just wanted to believe
her , could not imagine she would take that chance having one now that
she needs help with.The results to that lapse in brain function will be
born somewhere around Feb.13th.Like I have said to our mobile
therapist.....I know this is not my fault, but I cant stop feeling
responsible. Everybody keeps telling me she has to take responsibility
for herself and when I try and look the other way and breathe a little
of my own life in ..........

I'm curious... it can't be coincidence, ya know?

It is a good question, it is an interesting concept and possibility.

And I'm glad she's ok while she's pregnant.

It is good that she is at peace and in control of her emotions during
pregnancy yes, but keeping her pregnant is not an option !

Congrats on getting the SSI for her. That'll take some of the load off.

Yes it does take off some of the financial burden, I am losing my
babysitting job starting monday ..My grandson ( yes I was paid !) $300
a month.. why? His father would have spent it on beer so I gladly did
my share to help put his money to better use. :-)
Apparently my grandson was kicked outta bible school and so his
paternal grandmother offered to help them pay to put him in a preschool
setting to try and break him of his behavior problem, get use to a
school setting and a group of other children, because he starts
kindergarten in a year and a half. I have news for em LOL!!!!!!!! Until
they get their act together in the home he lives in and give him some
guidlines to live by there is much trouble ahead! This is the typical
hahahaha he said "good ****" I did the best I could with him and to be
honest I'm not sure it helped cause as soon as his mother or father
came through my door he went off bouncing off the walls and my rules
were quickly forgotten. He does know how to behave if it is enforced.
They just dont enforce it. Oh well.......

Soooooo......I'll be looking for a job the next couple of weeks, the
knees are better , I can finally walk up and down the steps like a
human.I am still taking 2 Vicoden in a.m along with a Voltaren and the
same at bedtime .I tried to come off the Vicoden and all hell broke
loose , pain came back to being unbearable.Doctor said go back on them
and I see him on the 22nd. All the heart tests I had done came back o.k
they found one in there LOL!

Anyhow...... whats going on out there, how is the kids, the wedding
plans, the job etc. ?
Bev
'Kate