Old August 19th 06, 02:31 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Bev

Default Finally!

'Kate wrote:
On 17 Aug 2006 20:25:26 -0700, "Bev" the
following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

snip
What other people think is indeed their problem....I have gone through
enough now that very little will take me down, and I know if I fall
I'll be getting right back up and back in the game.....

You've done a better job at getting back in the game than most
(including myself).

I would not cut yourself so short miss Kate ! lol...did I say that
right ?

more snippage
You probably know that most of us go into this field because we have
been in home situations that are less than... optimal. I'm glad that S
is doing better overall. You've made some really good decisions about
her care.

Yes I believe this to be true, maybe not so strange then are my
feelings of when I get back into school changing my focus on to
something in the field, of course not a psychologist but some kind of
counsiling support work. I have to research options yet.

I am glad I was able to find the strength within myself to be a better
mom after all that had happened in our lives. We have come a long way ,
I believe the distraction helped me focus better on why moving on was
what I needed to do, I saw my reason in my children to stand up and to
be strong. Thanks for noticing smile

Snipidity do da do da!

Anyhow...... whats going on out there, how is the kids, the wedding
plans, the job etc. ?
Bev

AAAARRRRGh. :-)
So guess who's cooking for the wedding?

heh heh hee heee !!!!

I know! I know! I thought you were nuts for doing it... so I know I am.
How can I say no to my lovely daughter for her wedding?

lol! crazy is as crazy does my dear ! With good planning and
organization you will manage .

Two trays of lasagna from the groom who is making it in advance.
Salad from my long-time, must be 15 year neighbor.
Store bought italian bread
a pasta bar with 3 sauces - Parma Rosa, Alfredo, and Marinara (homemade)
Penne pasta
a tray of bite sized chicken (mine to do)
A tray of meatballs (I'm making them this weekend & freezing)
Italian dressing

mmmmmm !!!!! sounds delectible...er tasty even grin

I'm so glad people *OFFERED*... they really don't mind helping out.
It'll make things like an old fashion community gathering. It seems more
of a blessing for the marriage.

It is wonderful when people pull together like this.

snipped again!
Wonderful. I'm going to pass that along. I'm not sure who's doing the
pasta but I know I'm the closest kitchen and I just got a new oven. OMG
is it awesome. Convection. Burner controls that work. A timer! I hadn't
realized how poorly the last oven/stove was working... thought it was
just my not paying attention to the cooking. But wow.... this new stove
is fanfreekingtastic.

So do you have the steam table type facilities ( chafing pans) to use
to keep the food hot at the reception? We were able to rent the steam
table at the facility which made everything so much easier!

Congrats on the brandy new oven !

snip
so what are you wearing ? um to the wedding silly LOL!

LOL. A 3 pc pantssuit. Toldya I wasn't doing a dress. The slacks have an
overlay around the sides that make it less pantsy. Sequins and beeds on
the top and a gauzy, unstructured jacket. JC Penney closed a store in
the area so I got it cheap. I only tried on the one thing so that's a
bonus. Oh. Champagne colored... a little lighter than I would have liked
but it won't clash.

Ahhh sounds just perfect, glad you found something you will be
comfortable wearing.

snip
My brother's coming on the 5th of September.

that is wonderful !

Damn right. I need work done here and he's very good at fixing things.
He's an electrician. You know he lives by you... New Tripoli.

yep ...New Tripoli one hour from me about 47 miles to be exact, very
nice area!
Will he be bringing the family? Where the heck you putting all your
guests?
Bev
'Kate