Old January 1st 04, 02:46 PM
DARLATHEDOULA

Default Finally A Breakthrough....I think :)

1. Which boob do I give him? The one nearest the matress whilst on my side
or the one on top? I have biiiiiiiig boobs so both are feasible I suppose.
Actually could someone describe in detail the nursing whilst laying down
position? Pillow placement, ways to make it more comfortable for me,etc?

As someone who also has biiiiiiig boobs, I will tell you that I used the lower
boob first and when I got cramped I rolled over slightly and used the upper
boob, lower arm over my head and upper knee bent up to rest on the mattress and
support me. Also, with big boobs it is possible, when he is older (5or 6
months), to nurse while you are laying on your back! I would lay on my back
with my baby on his side and his head on my arm. My breasts fall so far
sideways that the nipple is at the perfect level for him to latch on! I found
that the most comfortable position by far.

Good luck!

Darla
Homeschooling Mom to Freya, Alec, and Kelson!
Wife to Jim.
Read My Waterbirth Story
http://ourworld.cs.com/darlathedoula...ge/family.html