Old July 8th 03, 10:09 PM
H Schinske

Default Reason for weaning from bottle at 1 yo?

Oh, I agree constant sucking of milk/juice (although mine don't drink
juice) all day can lead to rotten teeth. I guess because I don't use
the bottles that way I forgot that other people do. I just give them
their milk, they sit in their chairs and drink it.

I don't see how the delivery method could possibly matter, if that's all you
do. It is lying around with milk/juice/other sugary stuff against the teeth
that can cause baby bottle mouth. It takes prolonged periods of sucking to
deform teeth and palates and so on.

It is of course also bad for the teeth to constantly be sipping any sugary
drink all day long. I guess the ban on bottles is really a ban on those habits,
which are supposed to be part of the whole bottle "thing." But they aren't
necessarily.

--Helen