Old July 9th 03, 12:05 AM
toto

Default Reason for weaning from bottle at 1 yo?

On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 17:51:32 -0400, "dejablues"
wrote:

Ok, so here is the word from the American Academy of Pediatrics website.
http://www.aap.org/pubserv/weaning.htm

While I generally like the advice the aap gives, I don't think that it
has to be followed rigidly.

One thing to note here, if the baby is never propped with a bottle,
but always fed on your lap or if the baby is breastfed with no
bottles, then I don't see that you *have* to wean them to sippy
cups at all - you can go directly to a regular cup, just as we did
before sippy cups were ever around. And usually, that would
not be done until the baby was older and had a bit more
eye-hand coordination. Sippy cups are a convenience for
parents - I used one, but we did NOT have those no spill ones
that are around nowadays either so they weren't something
you could just put an infant down with anyway. They made lovely
things to watch water spill out of when upside down with the lid
on at the time.

--
Dorothy

Outer Limits