Old April 12th 07, 05:19 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Sarah Vaughan

Default Bf toddler and birth control

Bryna wrote:
Today AF returned, almost 16 months after the birth of dd2. I would
like to go on the pill, but not the mini-pill because of the spotting
issues associated with that. Has anyone had experience with taking a
combination pill while bf a toddler? Will it dry up my milk at this
stage in the game?

Very unpredictable. Your supply is extremely well established, and
there's a fair chance you'd keep it. However, there are no guarantees.
I don't know offhand what the odds would be. If you're not too
bothered either way, go for it. If weaning now would be something you
really wouldn't want to do, then it's probably best not to risk it
(although, as somebody else pointed out, it's fair to say you could
probably get your supply back fairly easily just by stopping the pill
and letting your toddler nurse like crazy).

All the best,

Sarah
--
http://www.goodenoughmummy.typepad.com

"That which can be destroyed by the truth, should be" - P. C. Hodgell