Old March 26th 04, 08:51 PM
New York Jen

Default Lily's 12 day checkup

"Rosie" wrote in message
New York Jen wrote:
We took Lily to the pediatrician today for her second checkup...to see

if
she gained back her birth weight and to give her the first Hep. B shot.

My
mother and hubby thought she gained a half a pound total from her last
visit...well...they were wrong. Drum roll please...she went from 6

pounds
13 ounces last Wednesday to 7 pounds 14 ounces today! I knew she was

eating
(and pooping) a lot, but I never thought she'd gain a pound in a week!
She's my lil girlie!

Wow! Fantastic work Jen (especially with the little man to keep busy as
well!). How are you coping with life with 2? Should I toss away my
diaphragm and get down to business? ; )

ROSIE
Mum to Ella, nearly 18 months

Hmmm...let's see. Laszlo was 16 months old when I got pregnant with Lily,
so you'd better hurry up!

Life with two is definitely challenging, but so far Lily's a really good
baby and Laszlo has taken to her famously - which is shocking to us all.
I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop, it can't go this well for
long. I AM exhausted, which I knew would happen, but it's really so amazing
to have this new little person here. I say to her like a dozen times a day,
"Who are you?" She seems like a little intruder here. Hubby and I say it's
because we weren't really a "family" until Laszlo came along and we became
such a strong family with the three of us that she just feels like a
stranger! Don't get me wrong, we LOVE her to pieces! It's just a
transition is all.

- Jen