Old May 11th 04, 06:56 AM
Alissa

Default shingles question

"Daye" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 11 May 2004 12:02:23 +1000, "Alissa"
wrote:

Do I need to worry, I guess if it is confirmed I better go see my DR, not
worried so much about DD but unborn child.

It depends on where you are in your pregnancy. I think weeks 18-21
are the worst time to get chicken pox for the unborn baby.

Your doctor can do a test to see if you have antibodies for chicken
pox.

My DH and DD both had the CP when I was pregnant with #2. I knew that
I had cp so I didn't worry that much about it.

If you do a google search on "chicken pox" + pregnancy --
exactly like that, you will find heaps of information about the
dangers to you and the baby.

--
Daye
Momma to Jayan and Leopold

I just rang me work and the staff health had a copy of my
status and in 1997 I was considerd immune so I must of had it as a child. I
think now it's just a problem if DD gets them when DS is born, not
apparently good to catch in the first month of life for some reason.
Alissa