Old January 27th 04, 02:28 AM
Ericka Kammerer

Default Is there an equation ?

Nikki wrote:

Finances. IME (not a lot) two kids are twice as expensive as one. That has
held true for me with everything except insurance. I pay the same for the
family plan regardless of whether I have one or ten. Mine are close though
so I had two in daycare, two in diapers, two Christmas, two b-day, two going
to the doc, etc. #2 does wear hand me down clothes so in that regard #2 is
less expensive but I buy cloths for $1 so not that much less :-)

I think the finances depend a lot on how much discretionary
income you have. If you can afford to spend twice as much, you
probably will. If you were frugal with one, then you'll spend
more with two. If you were profligate with one, then you
probably won't spend a lot more with two--unless you have the
money and choose to do so ;-) Two will definitely cost
more with one if you're only spending for necessary things,
but once discretionary things creep in, then you have, well,
the discretion to adjust that how you like ;-)

Best wishes,
Ericka