Old March 7th 05, 10:12 AM
Jenrose

"Kara H" wrote in message
"Jenrose" wrote:

http://www.jenrose.com/co-sleeper.jpg

Wowwww Jen!! You have some incredibly crafty and talented parents! You are
very lucky!

I know... G Dad also built my laundry system, and Mom sewed all the
medieval garb for all the people in my wedding... 10 outfits, total, all in
silk!

That co-sleeper looks perfect and useful in every way. It really looks
like
the perfect solution and there's no doubt in my mind that you will love
it!!

I'm so tickled. We were talking about just doing an improvised headboard and
side rail for my side of the bed...but when I explained my purpose to dad,
we both sort of went, "Oh, it should be like this...and this...and this..."
and what you see is EXACTLY what I described. I wanted shelves to act as a
bedside table to extend from the wall to one foot out. I wanted 36 inches
long of "rail space" extending to 4 feet total from the bed (a crib would be
5 feet and make it very hard to get in and out of bed for me). I wanted
shelves underneath. I wanted a rail on three sides to prevent roll-out, and
a mattress exactly flush with the top of my bed, sized to fit, and
everything done to all applicable crib standards. So the slat width is
within spec, the finish is 100% pure tung oil, etc. etc. The height is not
crib height, because it's not designed for "unsupervised" use with a baby
who can pull up at all. It's not meant for unattended sleeping for longer
than it takes me to pee. And it means that I can keep baby off our memory
foam if I need to.

Looks like you are all set and ready for the baby.

Tell me about it! No, tell this kid about it! You hear that baby? We're
ready....

Jenrose
IANIL