Old March 7th 05, 10:53 AM
Jenrose

oh that's lovely. I kep the cot about a foot from my bed and once I'm in I
pull it close but I still have the bars between us, but I can slip my arm
in to feel if ds is too cold or too hot. I prefer yours! I wish I had
known about co-sleepers before having kids I's of had one built too!
Alissa

With dd, I had a crib next to the bed, a couple feet away. We sometimes used
it for naps, or if she fell asleep before I was ready for bed. But if I
tried to sleep with her in there, I'd wake up every 5 minutes to check her
breathing...so she slept with me.

With my foster son, I took the drop side off the crib, put a toddler rail
on, set it right next to my bed almost flush...but that little "lip" of rail
meant he never ended up in the crib because I couldn't put my arm in there.

This is flush. So I can just get close to it and have baby there and be "in
touch" and nurse and sleep without thinking about whether baby is "down" or
"over there", etc.

Jenrose