Old March 7th 05, 12:10 PM
Anne Rogers

DD was in my room for 4 years. I figure at some point this will get "too
small" for practical use (probably at age 2 1/2-ish) and we'll find some
other option. But it will likely end up staying in the family for this
baby, any kids my sister has, etc... on down to my daughter's kids, if it
works as well as I think it will.

we've had a wierd ride sleepwise with DS, he was ok as a baby, well normal,
fed loads at night, then less and less and then slept through we moved him
mostly into his room when he was feeding once at night, then completely into
his room, he went off a bit from 8ish months so I was up and down a bit
more, would have been very tempted to have him back in our room, but the cot
would have just been annoying. Ended up having to move him to a bed very
early, 14 months, he started screaming if we even went near the cot, at this
stage however he still went down very easily, then he went to nursery and it
all went pear shaped, needed much more help to get to sleep, now we are in a
situation where DH sleeps most of the night with him in a single bed, there
is no room for me, bump, DH and DS all in a standard double, I loved it when
we stayed in a hotel before christmas and we had two double beds, I keep
saying we should have this in out house, 1 sleeping room, with 2 double
beds/mattresses and swap over as necessary.

I'm not sure how things will pan out with this baby, our house has 4
bedrooms, but currently we have one as our room, one as a nursery, one as a
study, one as a guest room, I'm not sure I want to try and put baby in with
Nathanael, but none of the other rooms are currently set up well, I guess I
have some thinking and sorting to do, or just deciding to cosleep longer and
adapting the cot or buying a co sleeper!

Anne