Old May 24th 05, 06:57 PM
Robyn Kozierok

In article ,
Rosalie B. wrote:

(Robyn Kozierok) wrote:

btw, the car seat thing wasn't meant as a huge problem I needed solved,
just a day to day instance of things I want my young child to do that
he doesn't necessarily want to do, and where the natural (rather than
logical) consequences don't matter to him. Cases where I might tend
to use bribes or more "punitive" consequences.

Maybe another thing to consider is whether someone else could pick up
the siblings at school. Or whether they could come home on the bus,
or go to after school care or something other way to handle it.

I must not be communicating clearly here. This is not a regular issue.
Occasionally, the kid wants to fool around instead of getting into his
carseat, and it is a situation that doesn't seem to fit neatly into
the "Kids are Worth It" paradigm. There are lots of other little things
that come up occasionally, where I want/need one of my kids to do something
that has no intrinsic benefit the them. This was only one example.

Sometimes we get so close to things that we tend to not see other
possibilities - so the above suggestions probably will not apply to
you, but are meant to get you thinking out of the box.

And again, I wasn't looking for advice on approaching a particular
situation, but rather wondering whether others who have read the
book in question felt there was a good way to apply it to a situation
of that type.

In any case, thanks for your thoughts,
--Robyn

..