Old May 28th 07, 11:42 PM posted to alt.child-support
John Meyer[_2_]

Default Got my notices from the state sanctioned thieves the other day

Bob Whiteside wrote:
"John Meyer" wrote in message
. ..
So I get my notices of tax intercept the other day, and now I'm playing
the "wonder how long it's going to take them to actually credit my
account." We have two notices, one from state and one from federal.

State of Colorado: 119.00 May 23
Federal: 852 May 18.

I wrote to one of their bureaucrats, Reuben Luzano, who took the stand
that what they did was not stealing because I didn't complain at the
administrative hearing.

Federal tax intercepts can take 3-4 months to get the money to the state.
State tax intercepts are faster and usually take less than a month to apply
the money.

It sounds like the state is charging you interest. If that is the case, you
should claim the date of withholding is the date of payment and cite the
language in 42 U.S.C. 654b.

Thanks for the advice.
So I guess the state gets to look forward to me asking "where's my
credit" for the next three to four months.