Old May 31st 07, 11:33 PM posted to alt.child-support
Relayer[_2_]

Default Got my notices from the state sanctioned thieves the other day

On May 31, 2:15�pm, John Meyer wrote:
Bob Whiteside wrote:
"John Meyer" wrote in message
Bob Whiteside wrote:
"John Meyer" wrote in message
om...
So I get my notices of tax intercept the other day, and now I'm playing
the "wonder how long it's going to take them to actually credit my
account." *We have two notices, one from state and one from federal.

State of Colorado: 119.00 *May 23
Federal: 852 *May 18.

I wrote to one of their bureaucrats, Reuben Luzano, who took the stand
that what they did was not stealing because I didn't complain at the
administrative hearing.
Federal tax intercepts can take 3-4 months to get the money to the

state.
State tax intercepts are faster and usually take less than a month to

apply
the money.

It sounds like the state is charging you interest. *If that is the case,

you
should claim the date of withholding is the date of payment and cite the
language in 42 U.S.C. 654b.

On a side note - Change your exemptions claimed so you don't have any

refund
at the end of the year.

Can you get me the specific language to cite?

(c) Timing of disbursements

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *(1) In general

* * * * Except as provided in paragraph (2), the State disbursement unit
* * shall distribute all amounts payable under section 657(a) of this
* * title within 2 business days after receipt from the employer or
* * other source of periodic income, if sufficient information
* * identifying the payee is provided. The date of collection for
* * amounts collected and distributed under this part is the date of
* * receipt by the State disbursement unit, except that if current
* * support is withheld by an employer in the month when due and is
* * received by the State disbursement unit in a month other than the
* * month when due, the date of withholding may be deemed to be the date
* * of collection.

That's what I thought it was. *Now I have to find out exactly when this
interest is charged (the colorado cs web site lists payments but not
debits).- Hide quoted text -

Bob is right. Change youre exemptions