Old July 31st 08, 07:04 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
lu-lu

Default Allergic to dressings UPDATE

Thank you all for your tips and suggestions, given me quite a bit to think
about.

We went to see the doctor (after an hour and a half wait in reception!) and
he agreed that she was allergic to both the elastoplast plasters and to the
micropore tape. He gave her hydrocortisone cream to put on with the bandage
dressings that I started using today and penicillin to help the wound heal
as it's now so sore and weepy. I've to carry on with the antihistamines and
paracetamol to try and reduce and soothe the area.

She hates the penicillin medicene (guess she's not mad on banana flavour!)
so I've snuck it in her milk lol. She's still feeling pretty grotty, so
we're adding an extra dose of TLC. She's fed up with the whole thing now,
and it's taken two of us to redress her arm while she screams "No!! My
arm!!", bless her. Here's to a happier baby soon

Thanks again

Lucy x