Old May 22nd 04, 08:32 AM
zolw

Default frustrated with Doctor. Am I rightfullt so? (a bit long, but

It is funny you should mention this, but in a weird way, both me & my
husband feel that it's like cheating on our current doctor. It sucks
to feel this way.

Jamie Clark wrote:

"zolw" wrote in message

jitney wrote:

You wouldn't hesitate to dismiss a gardener, interior designer,
tutor,carpenter, or craftsman, or any other "expert" whose work you
were unsatisfied with, why should a doctor be any different?

You know, if someone posted my messages, I really would advise them to
change doctors, but you have no idea how hard I find it. I mean, at
least with this doctor, I know he has the reputation to protect, the
medical knowledge to intervene when/if things really get out of control.

I know it is silly, but if I had a guarantee that the next provider I
chose is gonna be any better, I would. The problem is, there is no
guarantee. Although i liked the idea of another poster that I should try
other doctors (while staying with him) & then when I find the right one,
I should just do the switch.

That's right, Zolw. You don't just pick a new OB out of the phone book,
transfer your care, and then figure out if he or she is good and a match.
You go meet the staff, check out the office, and interview the doctor. Tell
the new potential doc your story -- how you are feeling about your current
OB, about your pregnancy, your fears, your history, your family's history.
How this OB reacts to your story will tell you a lot about if there is a
match or not. If they seem nice and receptive and try to alleviate your
fears with facts and compassion, then you can switch over your medical
records and be done with it. If they act much the same way that your
current doc does, then you're not out anything. It's not like you are
cheating on your doctor, or that they'll find out that you were interviewing
other doctors. And even if he did, it's a free country, and it's your, and
your baby's medical care.