Old May 22nd 04, 12:33 PM
Donna Metler

Default frustrated with Doctor. Am I rightfullt so? (a bit long, but

"zolw" wrote in message

jitney wrote:

You wouldn't hesitate to dismiss a gardener, interior designer,
tutor,carpenter, or craftsman, or any other "expert" whose work you
were unsatisfied with, why should a doctor be any different?

You know, if someone posted my messages, I really would advise them to
change doctors, but you have no idea how hard I find it. I mean, at
least with this doctor, I know he has the reputation to protect, the
medical knowledge to intervene when/if things really get out of control.

I know it is silly, but if I had a guarantee that the next provider I
chose is gonna be any better, I would. The problem is, there is no
guarantee. Although i liked the idea of another poster that I should try
other doctors (while staying with him) & then when I find the right one,
I should just do the switch.

Given that, what about hiring a Doula or birth coach? Someone who has some
additional professional expertise and might be able to provide the emotional
support the doctor seems to be weak on, and who has a lot of experience and
knowledge?

You don't
have the knowledge to evaluate his skills? So what? No matter what his
expertise, if he is not taking you and your concerns seriously, he is
not the doctor for you.
I will be praying for you and your baby. Take care, and let us know
what happens.-Jitney