Old May 28th 04, 02:45 PM
JennP

Default chances of m/c

"Ericka Kammerer" wrote in message

Absolutely. I can certainly understand why people
wouldn't announce a pregnancy until later so that they didn't
have to deal with announcing a miscarriage as well. I can
understand the other side as well. I think it just depends
on the person and the situation. I think more people keep
their pregnancies quiet for most of the first trimester
than not, and I know an awful lot of people who didn't tell
hardly anyone about the pregnancy or the miscarriage--
especially if they've been burned before.

You know, after my first m/c I said with the next one that I would tell
people earlier because I didn't want to have go through the agony of
explaining to close family and freinds that I was pregnant and now I'm not
and that's why I might be miserable for a while. I swore the next pg I would
tell earlier, but we didn't. I was glad, because I m/c'd early. This
pregnancy I really didn't start telling anyone other than very close friends
and family until about a week go and I'm 18 weeks. I didn't tell family
until I was about 15 weeks. Only a few very close freinds knew earlier on.
They are really my support group so I needed to let them know. I hate to say
it, but my family was just too high maintainence, too emotionally connected
and I couldn't deal with that.
You couldn't tell I was pregnant anyway so I wanted to keep it as quiet as
possible. I'm glad I waited.
--
JennP.

mom to Matthew 10/11/00