Old October 4th 03, 06:52 PM
Sue

Default military schools?

Tracy,

I'm glad things are at least getting a little better with your son. I can't
imagine the pain your family is going through with this turmoil. I will
continue to think positive thoughts that your son continues to do so well on
the rigid schedules that he is having.

How are you and your husband doing these days? Are things still rocky, or
some better? ((((Hugs)))
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Tracy Cramer wrote in message
On Thu, 2 Oct 2003 11:54:59 -0700, "Denise"
wrote:

Its great that he can see that military school might help him, Tracy.

IIRC
he got in some fairly serious trouble, right?

Yeah, that's an understatement! For the last 18 months, he's been a guest

of the
Juvenile Corrections system, but the silver lining is that he's in several
programs that are targeted at his specific problems and he's really

working
hard. The change I've seen is incredible, so even though it's been hard,

IMHO
it's been worth it to go down this path.

I wasn't a bad kid, really,
but I do have ADHD and my daughter has Aspberger's (I find myself

thinking
that might be my actualy problem as I learn more). And Military

schooling
(AJROTC in high school) and the military (I joined the delayed enlistment
program my junior year) have helped me more than I can put into words.

The
rigid scheduling was a huge benefit. And being in AJROTC definitly

helped
with the transition from high school to military life.

This is excellent to know! DS was dx'd as ADHD and I highly suspect ODD,

but
I've also wondered about Asperger's. He also has anger issues. While it's

been
difficult having him gone, for him, it's been exactly what he needed. The
structure has allowed him to get back on track with his schoolwork (he's

back on
honor roll) and I've seen him mature quite a bit.

The schedule there is extremely rigid and he's come to understand that

this is
something that *helps* him keep himself in control and allows him to do

his best
at so many things. I think this is why military school is attractive to

him --
and the Army later. I suspect that he might be a career military man,

which I
totally support. If it means that he's going to make something of himself

and be
happy, more power to him.

Tracy
We child proofed our home 3 years ago