Old November 18th 05, 02:53 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Default nuchal fold in 20 week ultrasound causing distress

Thirdly, don't bother with the ECG. I had one during my 2nd pregnancy
because I had gestational diabetes (2nd time) and it can increase the
likelihood of heart defects. I was having twins and both twins showed no
signs of heart defects when they did the ECG. My duaghter with Down
syndrome was born with 3 holes in her heart -- tiny ones, but ones that we
were told they had looked for and told us didn't exist.

Ultrasound fetal heart study is not a perfect technology, and I'm sorry
you learned that the hard way, but that doesn't mean it's totally
useless. It is very hard to detect heart defects, especially very small
ones. But often we are able to detect heart defects, and sometimes
those results can have life-saving implications in the newborn's care.