Old March 23rd 04, 11:18 PM
xkatx

Default 14yr old girl, 19yr old boyfriend

Daniel wrote ...

I don't see what you're so upset about what I've said here (in the text

you
didn't cut). What I'm saying is that she knows full well the consiquences
of having kids at a young age & also if you're not able to care for them

or
for any reason they are taken from you or given up (between people she

knows
& us & our mother) but she continues to go down this path anyway. So as I
said, that type of talk doesnt work for her, she knows what can happen but
chooses to continue anyway.

I cut text that wasn't relevant to anything that I was going to reply to.
It's called snipping, and it's a good idea when not responding to an entire
whack of text, and helps to keep messages down in size.

I talked to her last night & she agreed with me on allot of things (all of
which she wanted to talk to me about).

Yes, I've read that, and I do agree with what Joelle said about letting her
express herself. She may have agreed with you, but really, is that what you
really want? She may be trying to act like a big person and she may believe
on the outside that she maybe even IS an adult, but deep down, she is a
child, and I have no doubt in my mind that she knows that, even without
knowing all of the story and without ever meeting her.
At that age, kids often agree. I doubt there's a 13, 14 or 15 year old who
has not agreed with an authority figure just to get by. Even now, I find
that sometimes it's just easier to agree with someone (my own parents, my
aunts, uncles, whatever) just to end a conversation, or move on, even when I
either know or just feel I am right.

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?