Old June 23rd 03, 07:39 PM
Stevet Thompson

Default Gotta keep it from The Children

Banty wrote in message ...
[snip]
I'm really, really down deep disgusted with the whole tobacco thing. It's a
really stupid, addictive, expensive (personally and to society), destructive,
valueless thing to be defending, to be calling on others' tolerance continually
for.

As a smoker who finds many common habits of non-smoker's somewhat
irritating, I'll state that as long as people like you can find
nothing better to whine about, I will be grinding my cigarette butts
into the sidewalk, or tossing them wherever I want. I will smoke
indoors whenever I feel there's a reasonable chance that I won't get
caught. Your complaints, dirty looks, and legislation will be
entirely ineffective (as a practical matter) unless every cubic
centimetre of the country is put under video surveillance -- and when
that happens, you won't be bitching about smokers.

The short of it is that I simply don't give a **** about your delicate
sensibilities, r.e. smoking.

Get a life.

Regards,