Old August 30th 03, 03:09 AM
Cindy Senger

Default Sibling Rivalry

Is it contagious in this ng or what? We're having the same problems with our
four-year-olds, though they seem to be tag-teaming. Ashlyn started with the
really "fresh" mouth a month or so ago (telling us "no" when we told her to do
something, telling us she wished she didn't have a mommy/daddy, deliberately
disobeying right after we told her not to do something, etc.) and it has
gradually gotten better over the past week or so-- after many trips to her room
to sit by herself and do nothing and removal of priveledges like tv, computer
time, playing outside. But, Allyson has been driving me nuts the past few days
with the same sort of behaviors, so here we go again. She pushed me today
until she lost all of her tv time-- which meant no peace and quiet for me and
an hour of her crying. Maybe it made an impression or at least I can hope. We
have the new baby thing going on and I think that might be part of it. They
start preschool next week which I think will help-- might curtail some boredom
which I think may be part of the problem also. Anyway, I'm not much help, but
you're really not alone!

-Cindy (mom to Ashlyn and Allyson 6/99 and Jenna 6/03)

... but we are
definitely going through a challenging time of not wanting to listen or
cooperate *at home* while perfect or near-perfect everywhere else. No
suggestions, we are floundering too, but wanted to LYK you are not alone.

--Janet
Elliot, Hanna, Connor (10/21/96)
and Holly (4/4/01)