Old September 29th 06, 07:42 PM posted to misc.kids
Stephanie

Default First birthday party, no gifts?

"Lady Penelope Creighton-Ward" wrote in message
oups.com...
We've just been invited to a first birthday party in Somerville, MA,
and the parents said no gifts.

I feel silly going to a child's birthday party and not bringing a gift.
I wouldn't want them coming to my daughter's party and not bringing a
gift, even if I know it's likely to be something I don't want or need.
It's not about me, it's about the child.

What is the practice where you live?

1. A one year old child has no clue about presents. So it really isn't about
the child. It is about convention.

2. If they ask you not to bring a gift, you don't bring a gift.

That's my opinion.