Old September 29th 06, 09:39 PM posted to misc.kids
Lady Penelope Creighton-Ward

Default First birthday party, no gifts?

Caledonia wrote:
Lady Penelope Creighton-Ward wrote:
We've just been invited to a first birthday party in Somerville, MA,
and the parents said no gifts.

I feel silly going to a child's birthday party and not bringing a gift.
I wouldn't want them coming to my daughter's party and not bringing a
gift, even if I know it's likely to be something I don't want or need.
It's not about me, it's about the child.

What is the practice where you live?

The practice here in the western suburbs is to abide with the parents'
request.

I'm sorry for the semi-snarky reply, but your question seems like it's
about you, not about the parents and the birthday child.

It could well be about me, I don't know, but I just feel extremely
uncomfortable at the idea of going to a child's birthday party
empty-handed.