Old March 18th 04, 03:09 AM
Alpha

Default What's typical for a 1-year-old?

My son will be 1 next month -- wow! -- and he's still nursing 8x/day, plus
he takes 2 solids meals. I'm wondering how much bf'ing is typical at 1
year. I remember a neighbor telling me that she had her first child
totally weaned by his first birthday, and geez, even if I wanted to do
that, it would be totally out of the question. DS doesn't eat a wide
enough variety of foods for me to consider cutting back on breastmilk.

Also, I plan to let DS wean as he wishes, but I'm curious to know when
babies begin to let go of some feedings. How long will he still be nursing
8x/day? And which feedings are the first to go?

-- Alpha
mom to Eamon and Quinn