Old March 15th 08, 08:49 AM posted to misc.kids,misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids.breastfeeding
Penny Gaines[_2_]

Default How to stop the night wakings?

Nikki wrote:
"cjra" wrote in message
I'm trying to figure out how I can still have
her in that room, with DH, and sleep.

I'm 95% sure that if when she wakes up he lays there and lets her cry with
only a hand on her back she will start sleeping through (for the most part)
while co-sleeping. I think you could even be in there too. Do not get up
with her, do not feed her, do not do more then say "Time to sleep" and lay
your hand on her. It is CIO except you are right next to her so
considerably gentler. It would also work to plunk her in the crib and do
the same thing but the crying would likely be more intense and take more
days.

I never had luck with laying next to but separate from with my hand on them
(i.e. crib next to bed) but it would be worth a shot.

This is effectively what we did with an 18mo, who was coming into our
room every night (they had they own room with a bed). It took 2.5 hours
for them to get back to sleep, but only one night. There was an adult
there the entire time (except when we were swopping over).

--
Penny Gaines