Old August 16th 03, 11:20 PM
gini52

Default Share vehicle, insurance expenses?

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message

"gini52" wrote in message

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message

"gini52" wrote in message

"Moon Shyne" wrote
"Scott Ross" wrote

The risk of harm is going to be present no matter what age she is
permitted to
drive. I know this, I buried a 21-year old after a car accident.

There
is no
magical age that will protect them from risk.
==
But, there is common sense and common sense (at least my common

sense)
dictates that 14 is too young to drive--
regardless of statute.

So why would 15, the age many states allow children to get learner's

permits, or
16, the age by which most states allow driving, be any more commonly

sensible?

There's nothing magical between 14 and 15, or 14 and 16, and for many

children,
common sense doesn't seem to sink in by the time they're 21 :-(

==
Exactly--Which is why I think the driving age should be at least 24 ;-).

(Of
course, my ex disagreed with me and began driving lessons with my boys

at
age 10.) More seriously, I met an older lady in my early college days

who
told me that even though she worried all the time about her son's

safety,
the worrying didn't keep him safe. She lost him due to a car accident

when
he was 17.

My step-son was 3 months past his 21st birthday - single car accident,

single
occupant to the car.

==
I'm sorry to hear that.