Old December 21st 04, 02:38 PM

I'm sorry that my original post came out sounding sexist and
biological-parent-ist (if that is a word) when I said "When you were
pregnant" - I should have said "When you were expecting your first
child" because that is what I meant. I always appreciate the input
of Scott, Kevin, and other male members of this group, as well as

that
of Dawn and other adoptive parents, and I'm sorry my phrasing

excluded
you.

Louise

There's no need to apologize...when I was trying to adopt, I was so
tense, I would have been mortified if someone gave me a gift before the
baby was born. I would not allow my office to throw me a shower until
after I brought the baby home and told everyone except my boss that I
was taking a leave for "personal reasons" (my boss knew the truth, of
course).

OTOH, I am Jewish and traditionally, Jews do not give gifts prior to
the birth of the baby. Many Jews do not even bring any items for the
baby into their home until the baby is born. They will go to the store
and pick everything out that they need, and the store will deliver the
items when they are notified the baby is born. Actually, the only item
we purchased prior to the baby's birth was a snap and go stroller -
friends donated a pile of clothes, a car seat and a pack and play so
that the baby would ahve something to sleep in when we got home.
Marilyn
Mom to Nicole