Old December 21st 04, 10:07 PM
Hillary Israeli

In ,
Penny Gaines wrote:

*If it is a Christmas present for the mum, make it something for her: at
*most have a present that is a book on childcare. There is nothing wrong
*though with a present for the bump.

I realize this is a thread about Christmas presents, and so my experience
as a Jew who doesn't make baby purchases prior to the birth of the baby
would not really be relevant -- but I just wanted to comment anyway.
Surely there are SOME Christians who share my traditional Jewish
supersition, and would not want a present "for the bump"? I'll grant that
likely most people would just appreciate the sentiment, but I do suggest
that gift-givers take this potential issue into consideration, and only
buy a present for the bump if you're sure it will not make mom nervous.

--
Hillary Israeli, VMD
Lafayette Hill/PA/USA/Earth