Old December 23rd 04, 12:06 AM
Banty

In article ,
dragonlady says...

In article ,
"Rosalie B." wrote:

I did not worry about this myself, but I know my mom didn't want me to
tell anyone that I was pg until I was 'showing',

In spite of the fact that I never had problems getting pregnant or
staying that way, I, too, didn't want to tell folks until it was
necessary; partly, I think, it WAS a kind of superstitious sense that
it would be bad luck.

Unfortunately, for me that was VERY early in the pregnancy, as I had to
explain to my co-workers and friends why I kept throwing up -- up to six
times a day -- and frequently without a lot of notice, so I was losing
it in trash cans and occassionally curbs and . . .

I waited until I showed to tell people, other than close friends and family.

The disadvantage of that was, when I was feeling a little woozey, my co-workers
would expect me to bound up the stairs with them (well, not exactly *expect* it,
but I didn't want to be begging out all the time) and work a little later
together on a design to get it out the door, etc. But then, once I was showing
and feeling much better and ready to skip and jump wherever, they'd want me to
slow down, sit down, take it easy....

Banty