Old June 9th 06, 02:53 AM posted to misc.kids.moderated

Default Summer Plans

My older daughter (going into senior year in high school) will be going with
her dad back east to check out colleges for the first week and a half of
summer. (I got the Southern California road trip over spring break...) Then
she's going to UCLA for 6 weeks, taking a real college course and fun stuff
and living in the dorms in a program. Then my parents pick her up and
deliver her to the airport, where she will meet the rest of the family in
Maui for a weeks vacation. Then it's work on college admittance essays and
whip the school dance team into shape for the beginning football games and
rallys.

My younger daughter is going for three days to Tahoe with her girl scout
troop. (And I will be home alone, without kids or husband, for the first
time since the children were born.) Then she comes homes, works a horse
camp for a few days, and head off to two weeks of tennis camp. My husband
and I are taking this juncture to head to Europe ourselves. We get back as
camp gets out, and she turns 12!! She spends a week and a half at home,
taking half day advanced horse camp, then head off to another sleep away
camp for 10 days, this one with emphasis on riding. I think I have jury
duty while she's gone. Then she comes home, and we have a week before we
all head off to Maui. When she comes back she signed up to work horse camp
for the little ones.

Then school and soccer and tennis and dance all start again. At that point
it seems relaxing.