Old July 17th 06, 06:00 PM posted to alt.gossip.celebrities,alt.support.childfree,rec.arts.tv,misc.kids,alt.parenting.solutions
R. Steve Walz

Default Lisa Welchel promoting child abuse

LindaY wrote:

R. Steve Walz wrote:

on the child that you want to make, and with none of the fixated
resentment that results from anger and hitting.

Er, what "fixated resentment"? I was spanked occasionally when I was
small and harbor no resentment of all.

-----------------------
You're lying. People do this to take the side of their abuser so that
they don't feel as abused for having agreed with their abuse. But the
problem is that it's a lie to the Self. In psychology the dynamic is
called cognitive dissonance, and examples are the Stockholm Syndrome
and learned helplessness in spousal abuse.

I was one of those kids running
across the street. My mom tried everything: time outs, withdrawal of
privileges, etc. Finally one day she just spanked me. Never did it
again. Enjoyed a close relationship with both Mom and Dad all my life;
didn't even mind going with them places throughout my teens, unlike
some kids who hate being seen with their parents.

You have a great deal of buried hatred you're not dealing with, and
which has crippled your creativity, autonomy, and sense of yourself
all your life. It is a classic women's gambit, to knuckle under and
ever so secretly hate. It cripples you as a person.
Steve