Old January 26th 09, 06:48 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Kat

Default A possible TMI question

"Anne Rogers" wrote in message
Your health line sounds rather unhelpful, though I suspect anyone is going
to be cautious with a heavily pregnant woman. You have an awful lot of
symptoms that don't really fit together and some of them do sound like
possible infections that might need antibiotic treatment, but nothing is
screaming to me "go to the hospital now", but you should probably plan to
go to the doctor tomorrow and obviously change that to going to the
hospital tonight if anything does get worse.

Cheers
Anne

Very unhelpful... The health line, it seems, isn't such a great thing.
Everyone I've talked to, they've all said the same thing about the health
line, yet it seems we keep calling with hopes - or something. I know that
there's a few friends that I've had a good laugh at over the health line,
mostly because the conversation starts off, "So... I called the health line
because of ______" and the next thing is, "ha-ha. And they resolved it by
asking a few questions and ending the conversation with, 'Oh! We recommend
you go to the hospital right away - from 0-4 hours!'"
Other than being very uncomfortable, and having some really strange symptoms
that don't seem to be normally related, I really can't just hop up and run
to the hospital... Just to sit there and them send me home in an hour or
two. If I had someone to stay with the kids, I'd be more likely to do that.
But dragging tired and young children around, really? No thanks.
I think I'll call around tomorrow morning and see if DDs can stay at a
friend's house for a little bit, assuming I still don't feel fantastic come
morning.
If something gets worse, and it's obvious that it's NOT alright, then yes, I
will take a trip down to the hospital, but again, I'd much rather bother my
mom in the middle of the night when it's absolutely necessary. If it's not,
then I really DON'T want to bug my mom to drive across the city at some
horrible hour of the night/early morning when she does have to be at work in
the morning (and I do have to be up in the morning myself as DS has school
in the morning and DDs are both up fairly early)