Old May 28th 04, 04:02 AM
Alissa

Default Percentiles and weight (x-posted)

"Jill" wrote in message
.. .

"Mary W." wrote
Hopefully she'll have a nice big gain this week and put everyone at
rest.

Mary

I hope so, or I will start to worry. She doesn't go too long without
feeding, but I am making extra effort to get her to nurse even more often-
instead of every 2-3 hours, I am positioning her to nurse every hour to

hour
and a half. She is a very slow, delicate nurser- it is common for her to
take 45 minutes to finish, and she goes so slow....at least she IS

gaining,
I do hope she has made it back up to her birth weight this week.

Jill

Is she waking to feed that often? If so feed away but I wouldn't wake her

1 1/2 hourly, babies need sleep to grow, while they are awake they are using
up more energy and won't put on as much weight. I'd go with what she wants,
babies know best.45 mins at that age isn't too slow IMO.
Alissa