Old July 22nd 06, 12:10 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Liz

Default Gas problem

wrote in message
oups.com...
If you can't think of anything you've eaten or that she has eaten, I
wouldn't worry about it unless it is causing her to lose sleep. Some
babies' systems are more alert to the goings on inside than others and
some learn what turns into a sort of a reflex reaction later than
others - meaning she could just be annoyed that she feels that toot
flowing through her tummy versus not noticing it and instinctually
letting it rip. lol. I had a doc tell me that when I commented on how
my first seemed to make such a production of the bowel actions about to
come. lol. He never cried, but you could just tell he was very atuned
to something happening. lol.

Yes, I think she does know -- she usually has a major fussy period for ...
oh, up to an hour before a bowel movement :-) Pity it's such a long and
unpredictable time, otherwise I could use it as a cue to take her to the
potty.

Liz