Old November 11th 07, 10:32 AM posted to misc.kids
Chookie

Default IQ and what it means in adulthood

In article ,
Sarah Vaughan wrote:

Does anyone know of any good articles/studies on how well IQ scores in
childhood correlate with success in adulthood, given all the inherent
inaccuracies of the tests? I realise this is a pretty broad topic, but
I know there are some well-informed people here, and the subject has
come up for discussion on someone's blog so I'm interested in finding
out more.

What's "success"? Is it measured in earnings or is it something to do with
integrity? Is success being part of the jet-set, or being carbon-neutral?
More information please.

http://www.hoagiesgifted.org/10_highly_gifted.htm quotes the following at
point 10:

Of all the special problems of general conduct which the most intelligent
children face, I will mention five, which beset them in early years and may
lead to habits subversive of fine leadership: (1) to find enough hard and
interesting work at school; (2) to suffer fools gladly; (3) to keep from
becoming negativistic toward authority; (4) to keep from becoming hermits; (5)
to avoid the formation of habits of extreme chicanery (Hollingworth, 1942, p.
299)

I think if you can accomplish these five in juvenile and adult life, you are
probably a success.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

http://chookiesbackyard.blogspot.com/