Old January 20th 08, 02:38 PM posted to misc.health.alternative, misc.kids.health
The One True Zhen Jue

Default Bad news for liars, good news for kids

On Jan 19, 8:41*pm, Mark wrote:
On Jan 16, 9:26*pm, "Jan Drew" wrote:

"Mark" wrote in message

On Jan 14, 1:58 pm, Debbee wrote:

Mark L, I have a hypothetical situation for you:

If I remember correctly, you work for some kind of Medical group.
Say you have a child that comes to
see you with his parents because they want a 3rd opinion -- ---the
chances for survival of the child are slim with the other two proposed
therapies. * *The parents tell you that they have heard about a
therapy that
as Probert likes to call it, that is "fringe" that there have been
some limited studies done about--say in Denmark and in Germany, but
nothing stateside, but there is a strong possibility that these large
doses of Vitamin supplement IVS might work for the child. *As a
doctor, what do you do in a case like this? *You already know the odds
of the chance for survival for the other two methods. *The parents
have handed over to you the studies from *that they pulled out of peer
reviewed journals. *Based on the information you know about the other
two treatments, then seeing this rather limited alternative medicine
study information from Europe with good results, what would you
recommend? * Would you abandon the conventional treatment way of
thinking to recommend trying the alternative medicine therapy, or
would you stand by it all of the way because you work for a Medical
group and your colleagues would not favor your decision?

Firstly, I take umbrage at your thinly veiled sneer that I make
decisions based on how some "group" thinks I should. *I have been
blessed with a working brain, and I use it on a daily basis, thank you
very much.

Does that so-called working brain include. *Oh my ****in God*?

If the hypothetical studies have been published in peer-reviewed
journals, and there is supposedly a "strong possibility" that the
third therapy would work better than the first two, I imagine that the
oncologists (I assume you are talking about cancer...) would have
heard about it and would have an opinion of their own. *I can read
about this therapy or that, but I wouldn't be so vain as to believe
that a trained pediatric oncologist knows less than I how to interpret
studies on new cancer therapies.

Curiously enough, this topic came up about 16-17 months ago. *I had a
darling little girl in my practice who was dying of metastatic
neuroblastoma. *The 5 doctors in the Neuroblastoma division or the
department of pediatric oncology at Sloan-Kettering in New York had
worked like devils for a year to cure this girl, but she was, frankly,
beyond hope. *All conventional, and some experimental, approaches had
been exhausted.

Her mother called me and then brought me copies of
"research" (actually just self-published testimonials, and not true
research) from some doctor in Colorado who actually told this poor
woman that he had treated and cured God-knows-how-many kids with
*exactly her daughter's condition.* *[The nerve of this *******...]

Mom wanted to know my opinion of this guy's approach. *I don't
remember the exact details, but it involved mega-doses of vitamins,
some I had heard of and some which sounded totally fictitious. *I told
Mom that I understood her desperation, but I doubted that anything
could really be done to delay the inevitable. *I did tell her that
nothing on this guy's list of supplements looked harmful, so I
wouldn't try to stop her from wasting her money.

There's your answer, Debbee.

Mom called Dr. Colorado to ask how much his treatment would cost, and
this son of a bitch responded with "Well, how much is your daughter's
life worth?" *I actually called him and demanded to know what the hell
he thought he was up to, and the conversation, needless to say, went
nowhere.

Do you know his mother? *Was she a bitch?

Two months and about $6,000 later, Mom still had a dying kid on her
hands. *I got the call at 6:00 am when she passed.

That's my personal experience with miracle cures that "they" don't
want you to know about.

Mark, MD

our experience with conventional medicine who did not cure..is??-

Here's a quote you can cut and paste to your heart's delight, Jan:

"Shut the **** up, you evil, vindictive, ignorant, nasty, heartless,
stupid, and horribly misguided bitch."

Does that do it for you? *Can you add that to the list of things
you'll e-mail to people who you think are my bosses? *Tell you
what...you mined the 'net to find my clinic and decided to tattle to
the person you thought had some sway over me. *(BTW, it didn't work;
we both had a good laugh at your expense...) *How about you tell me
your pastor's name and I'll send him some of *your* choice quotes?
Are you willing to have people outside this NG scrutinize your nasty
posts, you horrible, shriveled twit?

You are bad. *You are nasty and ignorant and just plain stupid.
There...cut and paste that all you want...

Truth, that!

Mark, MD- Hide quoted text -