Old October 8th 04, 05:36 PM
Catherine Woodgold

I find that if I (gently, appropriately) blow my nose
with a handkerchief, the urge to sneeze goes away.

If I don't get to the handkerchief in time, I sneeze
loudly. If I make it in time, I don't sneeze at all -- I just blow.

I'm not sure, but I think if I try to sneeze more quietly,
it comes out louder!!! (Maybe I hold it in for half a
second so there's more force to it when it happens.)

Sometimes I moan loudly right after sneezing. I'm not sure
whether I could control that or not.

I also scream when I accidentally drop things, especially
knives or things that might break. Again, I'm not sure
if I could control that.

Vitamin C helps with colds so you don't need to sneeze
as much. Controlling dust and stuff helps with allergies.
Changing the sheets, washing them in hot enough water to
control dust mites, etc.
--
Cathy