Old September 12th 07, 11:29 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers[_4_]

Default prior to pregnancy -- any prep? (over 40, esp)

I'm kind of jealous that you're thiiiiinking about trying for child
#3. I kind of want another one but DH says he's done. I can see his
point. I don't like being pregnant, and I also find being a stay-at-
home mom very frustrating at times. But I adore my children and I
really, really enjoy tiny babies.

I can really sympathise with you, my closest friends who are mums have 3
children, many other people around me are having their 3rd. Things
haven't gone great for me in pregnancies and postnatally (severe ppd the
first time and severe birth injuries the 2nd). I don't have a choice
about being a SAHM, I don't have a work visa and it would be difficult
to get one, it will be at least 5 years until I am allowed to work - it
almost seems like I should use that time to do a 3rd pregnancy and early
childhood. There is no predicting which bit is hardest for each child,
DS was a fairly high needs baby (though no where near as bad as some),
but at least that gave me chance to tune in to him, he's more sensitive
than many children, but I haven't considered things hard with him for a
long time, DD on the other hand was a breeze as a baby, pretty normal as
a 1 year old and has turned into a very challenging 2 year old, she's
very strong willed and is physically very strong, if she resists
something she can hurt me pretty bad. DS is also very keen for us to
provide him with a baby sibling! I have time on my side thankfully, I'm
27, which whilst nothing is guaranteed, if we did decide on another in
10 years or so there's a reasonable chance it would happen.

Cheers
Anne