Old January 1st 04, 05:32 AM
Irrational Number

Default How long for alcohol to leave BM?

*Hunee* wrote:
Hi everyone and a Happy New Year!

I celebrated last night with a few too many, and I was wondering how long
the alcohol will stay in my breastmilk.
I gave my DD a bottle last night but put her on the breast this morning.
DH wants me to pump and dump for 3 days but I think this is too long.

Happy New Year!

Do not pump and dump. When they give you those
warnings about alcohol, they're talking about
people who drink every day and that gets into
the baby. Once in a great while is not a big
deal, especially since the amount that gets into
the milk is very low.

I've had a couple of glasses of wine at Halloween
and Thanksgiving. Pillbug was never even sleepier
than usual; it seemed like there was no effect!

-- Anita --
--
SUCCESS FOUR FLIGHTS THURSDAY MORNING ALL AGAINST
TWENTY ONE MILE WIND STARTED FROM LEVEL WITH ENGINE