Old November 13th 03, 04:59 PM
JennP

Default And ANOTHER school calendar change

"chiam margalit" wrote in message
om...
We get email today from the principal notifying us that Dec 1, the
monday after T'giving, is now a school day whilst before it was a day
off.

I give up. I'll just send the kids to school when I feel like it, and
the heck with the calendar.

Seriously?? No district I've ever taught in has made school calendar changes
once the calendar is voted on A YEAR IN ADVANCE at the board meeting.

The only changes made mid-year that I've heard of are due to excessive
amounts of snow days. Usually they will change the last day of school and
sometimes (very rarely) change a vacation.

What is their reasoning?

That's crazy and unfair. Just curious, is this a public or private school?
--
JennP.

mom to Matthew 10/11/00
remove "no........spam" to reply