Old November 25th 03, 09:02 PM
Circe

Default Is my son TOO SHORT for his age?

"sheenna" wrote in message
lkaboutparenting.com...
my son will be 6 on Dec4 and is only in the 30%
percentile for his age. He has always been around
50% or so now it seems like he's not growing.

I wouldn't worry at all. It's not unusual for kids to go up and down on the
percentile charts. They often grow in spurts--a lot at a time and then very
little for a while. My 6yo is well over the 90th percentile for height just
now (he might even be off the chart), but during most of his infancy and
toddlerhood, he hung around the 70th-80th percentile and that's where I
expect his adult height to top out (around 6'1", not 6'4"-5" as his current
height would suggest!). So it's likely that your son is just going through a
slow growth period at the moment and he'll get some rapid gains in height
later on.
--
Be well, Barbara
(Julian [6], Aurora [4], and Vernon's [20mo] mom)

"Be prepare to stop" -- CalTrans sign

Daddy: You're up with the chickens this morning.
Aurora: No, I'm up with my dolls!