Old November 25th 03, 10:03 PM
Robyn Kozierok

Default Is my son TOO SHORT for his age?

In article outparenting.com,
sheenna wrote:
my son will be 6 on Dec4 and is only in the 30% percentile for his age.
He has always been around 50% or so now it seems like he's not growing.

30%ile is certainly not "too short for his age" -- it's taller than 30%
of other kids his age! But you might want to ask the pediatrician what
he makes of the drop in percentiles. If you know your own growth pattern,
you might consider whether you had a similar drop in percentiles at a
similar age. Of course, he might just be due for a big growth spurt
next month

--Robyn