Old April 9th 04, 10:37 PM
Jacqui

Default Baby sign language?

Luna wibbled

- At what age can/should we introduce sign language?

I read that you should introduce the signs around 6-7 months - you
can, of course, start whenever. With consistent signing, most
babies begin to sign around 7-9 months. "Sign with Your Baby"
suggested starting with "more," "nurse," and . . something else.
"Help?" Just because those are very useful signs.

The ones we use most (and introduced first) are Milk, More, All Gone,
Book, Nappy (diaper), Eat, Sleep. We're working on Drink now he's
learned to use a cup.

We use Milk for Nurse since he isn't drinking milk and won't be for
quite some time, and we can always just use Drink for cows' milk later.

Jac