Old August 19th 06, 11:18 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
lucy-lu

Default bad pain - please help!

Hi all

I've been in so much pain for hours, but DH has be re-formatting the
computer! I hope some of you ladies are still up...

My right breast is causing me agony. At first, I thought it was "just"
mastitis (like *that's* ever easy!), but now I don't know what the pain
is... On the underside, I have what feels like a large hard area, not just a
lump, but a really big area, about the width of my digital camera, sqaure
and about 1/2 inch deep. That's painful enough, but the really awful part is
I have a tiny white skin bump, like a blister at the centre of my nipple,
and I think it's just at the top of a duct.

I've tried bf'ing through the pain, but it just made me cry. I managed a few
feeds this afternoon, but the pain is too bad now. I've managed to feed Jess
from the left breast, and hand expressed a very careful 3oz from the right,
before I really couldn't do anymore. With mastitis, I always feel unwell and
get a temp, but with this, I am just in so much pain, even the movement of
breathing hurts.

Has anyone had this? I'm scared the doc will just tell me to BF, tho obv, if
it gets much worse, I am going to have to ring the emergency doc.

Thanks guys

Lucy - feeling miserable